Pictures from today!

Posted by Erin Wilson On Sunday, July 26, 2009 4 comments
Picture #1
You may ask, "Is that a cup on Josiah's butt?" The answer would be yes, Josiah has a Styrofoam cup attached to his butt! Josiah has a really really bad diaper rash. So the latest technique here in the PCICU is to put direct oxygen on his butt. Notice the tube sticking out of the cup, that would be an oxygen tube. The cup is acting like a direct funnel for the oxygen. The idea, keep the butt dry and give it some air and it will heal faster. I'm glad to say it is working pretty well.
Picture #2
I bought some toys for Josiah last night and hung them from the light above him today. It was the funniest thing when I put it in front of his face. He looked at it out of the corner of his eye then quickly darted his eyes away from it and began crying. Poor little guy just didn't know what to make of all the bright colors. After calming him down and reassuring him, Josiah began taking a peek at the toys out of the corner of his eye and then would look away again. He finally got comfortable with it to stare for a couple of minutes and then fell asleep from all the hard work. It was so cute to watch!

4 comments to Pictures from today!

  1. says:

    The B Family We've been praying for y'all & lifting Josiah up for healing! I just had to leave a quick comment...I just showed Wyatt (our 5 year old) Josiah's pictures as he loves to see the babies that he prays for and he said "hey, is that tube sucking up his poop?" Apparently, that would be really cool to a little curious boy!

    Blessings this Lord's Day~ Rebecca Butcher
    www.babygirlbutcher.blogspot.com

  1. says:

    mom2lo My goodness! That first pic is rather comical! I'm glad to hear it's working, though! And I love the story about his reaction to the new toys... what a sweetheart! I'm still praying for precious Josiah and healing so you guys can move forward--and HOME with your sweet boy!!!

  1. says:

    Anonymous I can always count on Josiah to make me smile. I am thinking about you and praying for all of you! We miss you and can't wait for everyone to come home.
    Cauble's

  1. says:

    Erin Wilson I like Wyatt's idea! Rebecca, I've been wanting to get in touch with you. Could you send me an e-mail at erindaleywilson@yahoo.com

Post a Comment