Extubation Attempt #4

Posted by Erin Wilson On Thursday, October 1, 2009 0 comments
So we don't know anything yet. They're a little slow getting going this morning. I say that because they haven't rounded on Josiah yet, apparently they are busy taking care of other children! Dr. Bradley surgery ran long yesterday and he didn't have the time to change Josiah's wound vac and possibly close his chest. So that needs to happen before they can try to take Josiah's breathing tube out. The thing we are concerned about is if they should really do both in one day. It takes a lot of drugs to knock Josiah out enough to change his wound vac. Our concern is Josiah then not being to sedated that he can't breath on his own enough when they take the breathing tube out. Most likely if they decide to do both the wound vac will get changed soon and they will wait to extubate until later this afternoon. We'll see!

Regardless please pray for our sweet little boy today. Pray that the Md's make the wisest choice as to when to extubate Josiah so that he has the best chance at it. And pray that if he is extubated today that he remains strong. My prayer last night was like the song I mentioned the other day. That today might be the day when we are able to see the light that is coming for the heart that hold's on.

We'll keep you posted on today's progress!

-A Heart that Holds On

0 comments to Extubation Attempt #4

Post a Comment