Josiah is Extubated!

Posted by Erin Wilson On Thursday, October 1, 2009 0 comments



This was Josiah right after he got his breathing tube removed. He was so cute. He kept moving his tounge all over his lips and blowing bubbles. He couldn't stop chewing on his paci. I guess he just didn't know what to do without something in his mouth. He has this huge ridge in the roof of his mouth because of the breathing tube being in for so long, it has changed the shape of his mouth.

Milo got to hold Josiah last night for the first time in 23 days. I opted for not holding (even though I desperately wanted to) because I haven't been feeling great since I got back to Charleston. I'm hoping to feel better soon so I can get close to that sweet boy again.

He did great through the night. They've restarted his feeds, a good sign, and they've taken the ventilator out of his room, another good sign. His last gas showed his CO2 levels have gotten a little higher than what is within normal range. So we are hoping they come back down with his next gas at noon. His heart rate is great and his O2 sats are as good as they were on the ventilator! He is on something called vapotherm. It is a step in between the ventilator and just oxygen.

So far so good. Keep praying!

-A Heart that Holds On

0 comments to Josiah is Extubated!

Post a Comment