Happy Birthday, Daylia Joy

Posted by Erin Wilson On Monday, January 4, 2010 0 comments
Our sweet baby girl is 4 today! I can't believe that. Although this year has not been the easiest year for being a mom, the day Daylia was born and I entered into the world of motherhood was the best day of my life and I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. She is amazing and I am so grateful for her today and always.

Josiah is doing well with his new surroundings as are we. I slept at home last night but got up early to get back to the hospital (there is a whole new crew of nurses today and I wanted to make sure things were getting done the way we want them done) so the alarm clock was set for 6am. I woke up to Milo saying, "did you hear that alarm," which put me in panic mode until I realized that Josiah wasn't home and he was talking about the alarm clock (which I hadn't heard). I got up here to the hospital and Milo called at about 10am to check on Josiah and I. He asked me if I slept okay last night (meaning, did you sleep okay at the hospital last night), to which I reminded him that I slept at home with him last night. Boy we are all so confused!

We continue to take one day at a time and ask for provisions for today alone. I was reminded of a scripture this morning on my way to the hospital that was encouraging.

2 Corinthians 4: 17-18

"17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."

I don't know the reason we are going through the things we are going through, but I do know there is a lot we don't see and I am far too small to see the big picture. One day, maybe.

0 comments to Happy Birthday, Daylia Joy

Post a Comment