Happy Mother's Day

Posted by Erin Wilson On Saturday, May 8, 2010 0 comments
Daylia has decided that this is going to be the, "Best Mother's Day Ever." I'm grateful for her enthusiasm this year. We have had a great weekend (our weekends start Thursday night because Milo doesn't work on Fridays!). We went out to my parents lake house on Thursday evening. Milo's sister and her fiance came too. We had a great night and then spent all day Friday out on the lake. It was a beautiful day. I even went knee boarding and got up on the first try. This was the first time I've knee boarded since I was pregnant with Daylia 5 years ago. After our fun on the lake we sent Aunt Rae Rae and JohnMark with the girls to Nana and Papa's house, so Milo and I had some time to ourselves. We had a really great evening, talked a lot about Josiah which was nice and then we got in some great workouts this morning. It was a great day!

Then Milo surprised me with my mother's day present when we got home. He had a tree planted in our front yard in honor of Josiah. It's a type of red bud tree. It will flower in late March early April and it's leaves are red and grow in a heart shape. It's beautiful and such a perfect tree. I love it! I can't wait to plant flowers in the bed around it.



I'm praying for all our heart mom friends tonight. Praying for those who are enjoying and appreciating their heart babies this mother's day. Praying for strength and endurance for those who's little ones are in the hospital this mother's day. And especially on my heart this year are all of us who are spending our first mother's day with a piece of us in heaven. It makes me really sad to think of how many of the moms I met this year have babies who have died because of Congenital Heart Disease. Praying for peace for all these special moms. Maybe this year technology and methods of practice will reach higher heights so that next mother's day there will be fewer moms spending their first mother's day with a child in heaven.

Thank you Milo for making this mother's day special. I love you.

-A Heart that Holds On

0 comments to Happy Mother's Day

Post a Comment