God did not give us a spirit of fear

Posted by Erin Wilson On Sunday, June 7, 2009 0 comments
"For God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Milo and I took the girls to church this morning her in Charleston. I sobbed through the first set of songs ( I'm just an emotional wreck these days) both of which had to do with being alive because of Jesus. Then the pastor began his sermon in which the scripture above was the first scripture he spoke about. This was a scripture I needed badly. I have been so fearful of getting to excited about Josiah's amazing progress this week because I know things can change in an instant around here. It's been a tough week. We have had the most amazing successes with Josiah this week but I'm so fearful to feel what I felt like on Monday night again so I have not aloud myself to be too joyful and excited over him. What I realized today was that in doing that, in letting fear take hold of me, I missed out on the most amazing miracle. God has brought us through Josiah's surgery incredibly and has given him a recovery that has amazed even the doctors. So I'm not missing out on it anymore. God has been great to us and I need to allow myself to rejoice in this huge miracle. God did not give me a spirit of fear but one of power.

Here are the great things Josiah has accomplished today. He has weaned all the way down on the vent to the lowest they go. Because of that they did their first CPap trial on him tonight. That's where they pretty much shut of the vent and allow him to practice breathing on his own. They do it for 30 minutes and Josiah just slept right through it. He never missed a breath! That's amazing! They may even take out his breathing tube tomorrow or the next day! Wow! Also, we showed up today and they were feeding him breast milk! Wow again! We were not expecting that at all and he has tolerated it very well. This is all great news and means Josiah is progressing great! God has been so good to us this week and always!

0 comments to God did not give us a spirit of fear

Post a Comment